Thursday, June 28, 2007

 

We interrupt this blog with a special word from our sponsor

Yes; I’m taking advantage you. It’s been awhile since we’ve uploaded new photos therefor I know you are a captive audience. I realise this isn’t an entry about Seneca specifically, but it does involve her and my heroic efforts to save her from a prehistoric size bug. So either read my words or skip ahead to the latest updates – I’ll know who my real friends are when I quiz them on this entry and they’re able to answer accurately….

It was late on a Saturday night, Jeff was away at a bike race (which he totally rocked) and I had returned home from casa de Sarah and Mike. Seneca was safely fast asleep in her crib and I decided to download a TV show from iTunes (I know it sounds lame) and check some e-mail. Suddenly while sitting in the blue glow of my laptop’s screen I heard “thump thump thump”. I glanced up from my revitting e-mail and there flapping around my wall light was the BIGGEST insect I have ever seen - to make matters worse, it was inside my house – granted its size was increased by the enormous shadow cast on the wall, but still this sucker was HUGE.

Being the brave mother I am, I didn’t yell out in terror just ducked my head, sprinted the three steps into our bedroom and quie
tly slammed the door. Inside the safety of my bedroom I took deeps breaths, collected my thoughts, and remembered that I had left Seneca’s bedroom door open. Thoughts of this beast flying into her room and landing on her tiny sleeping body flooded my imagination. So I did what any fearless mother would do, went back out into the hallway to go close her door, and decided on the way to grab my laptop – I know I know lame, but I really wanted to watch the TV show I had downloaded – so walking in my barefeet I went back into the office and just before stepping through the threshold I heard a POP and something beneath my big toe. It couldn’t be – could it? How with all the room for my foot to land could I possibly place it on top of that - that thing?? I turned on the light and yes, I had stepped on it. In the end I felt victorious and celebrated with a yummy Wolaver's brown ale - I had saved Seneca from this bat sized moth and could now relax and watch my TV show knowing she was safe.

I took a picture so I could later identify it. And yes, those are its guts squirted out on the side there. I typed “big ass moth” into google, but surprisingly nothing matched my photo. If you know what type this is – let me know, I’m curious.

And now back to Seneca Maeve.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?